Sunday, January 30, 2011

a little change of plans, new header, and lots of prayers needed

I don't really have time to write the post I'd really like to be publishing right now. We've only been home about 45 minutes, and Eddie and I are both pretty tired. I would like to thank EVERYONE and anyone that prayed for us this weekend. I could definitely feel them! I would like to ask that you CONTINUE to pray. I felt a real struggle all through training. We almost left at one point, feeling defeated and ready to give up on our journey.....and we've only barely begun! It was A LOT to take in, and we know there's still more. We found out some information that almost stopped us dead in our tracks. I'll explain more later when I can elaborate, but for now that will have to be enough. If you've paid attention to my header at all, you see that there has been a slight change. It used to say, "Our journey TO ADOPT through the foster care system..." now it just says "Our journey through the foster care system." Again, something else I'll have to explain at a later time. For the moment, our "plan" is to finish up our training and start out just fostering. Either way, we would have to foster a child we might would adopt for at least six months before we could even really start the process, so who knows where all this will lead (okay, God knows). It's all in His hands, and I am fully trusting in Him that He will do what is right for our family. Please continue to pray for us. Training has certainly been a roller coaster of emotions, and the devil is working HARD to change our minds. I KNOW that God has called us to do this, and I am just praying that He will give us a sense of peace after all the information that we have received this weekend. I would like to add that training is actually longer than anticipated. We had SAMA training today, which was unexpected, and again tomorrow night. We have family lined up to keep the kids, but this momma is feeling pretty bad about not spending time with my babies. I have a lot of GREAT information for anyone interested in fostering or adopting through foster care coming up, so please come back to read more. I'll post as soon as I find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment