Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Down.....and SOOO Much More to Go!

Oh Lord, help me. :) Soooo I got to eat my words today. I sent and email to our case worker letting her know we had completed the list AND our fire inspection! (Need to get the a/c checked for actual completion, but our house is only 4 yrs old, so we're almost good to go!) Her reply? "Yay! Okay here's a new list...." Ha! It's not awful by any means, but she did let me know there was more to come and that she was just giving it to me in phases so we wouldn't be so overwhelmed from the get-go. (Sigh.) I'm a planner. Total type A...kinda stinks, but that's just me, and my hubby is so good to just roll with it. This may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I'm just anxious to get everything completed. Kinda bummed that we weren't as close as I thought. So, for the time being, we have a couple online training courses to take, have to send a copy of another document, plus the certificates from our training, write a 1-2 page autobiography (childhood to present), and that's it for now. :) I'm hoping to have everything to her by Monday. Eddie is going to have someone come check out the a/c (we hope) tomorrow, will have the training completed this weekend, and everything faxed over Monday morning....we hope! It seems like we have been at this for so long, but when I look back, we really only announced that we were starting the process on Thanksgiving 2010. Less than two months ago. Compared to the four years I have been praying for God to break our hearts for what breaks His.......two months is nothing.

(The song is somewhat fitting....the video not so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment