Sunday, January 9, 2011

names, pictures, privacy....

I have to say, I'm kind of a blog snob. I LOVE to read adoption blogs, but ONLY if they have tons of pictures. I especially find that I lose interest quicker if they don't make it personal, and refer to their children as "A" or "T", for example. But now that I'm here, trying to document my feelings and the process of our possible adoption, I'm struggling w/what I should and should not put out there. I also hate that in the past I have felt that if people are going to create a blog documenting their adoption journey, that they shouldn't withhold things from their readers like emotions they are feeling AFTER the child is in the home, or even the reason their child was placed for adoption. BUT, it's none of my business. It truly is that child's story to tell one day. You never know what kind of adult that child will grow up to be (a very private person), or who they will be (famous movie star?? professional athlete??), and putting something like that out into blog world for everyone to see may come back to bite me in the you-know-what some day.

So for starters I guess if anyone ever reads this, you will have to bear w/me while I work this out! I'm sure I'll eventually post pictures. That is, if my husband ever brings back the battery charger so that I can actually TAKE pictures! His work camera is the same model as our point and shoot, and he tends to steal the charger and forgets to bring it home. :) OH, and while we're on this topic, it is because of him that the only pictures I have from Christmas 2010 are from my phone!

News w/our paperwork....we're almost finished with our "list" of things to send to our social worker (?? case worker?? seriously...still learning)!!! Yay! All I have left to do is get a letter from the county stating that they do not do environmental inspections, schedule our fire inspection (note to self: buy fire extinguisher!), and fax everything over! We have our very first training scheduled for the end of this month. Ugh. It is allllll weekend. That means we have to convince, I mean ask, one of our family members to keep all three of the kids all weekend so that we can attend. As excited as I am to really get going with all this and add another son to our family, I would MUCH rather spend the weekend locked away in a nice hotel somewhere w/my husband than spend it in a "class" room! :) I guess lunch w/just the hubby and no kids will have to do!

***If anyone ever reads this that is adopting internationally, please know that I do understand we do not have HALF the paperwork you do. This is all new to us. Our three other kids didn't come w/training classes, CPR,  TB tests or ANY paperwork w/the exception of discharge forms. :) I am most certainly not complaining. Just stating for anyone else considering adopting through foster care.


A little something from my devotions last night....found it fitting for our current situation!


James 4:17 (New International Version)

17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment