Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Check List

So for anyone considering foster care, I thought I would share with you the check list that we have been working on for the last month+! It's really not very long, and if one of us had a decent work schedule (and by one of us, I mean me :)), this might have been completed MUCH faster! Anyway, here it is:

For the Home:
Proof of Income
Auto Liability
Home Liability
Medical Insurance (if planning to adopt)
Marriage/Divorce decree
Animal Vaccinations
Fire Inspection
Environmental Inspection

For Each Caregiver:
Driver's License
Social Security Card
Birth Certificate
H.S. Diploma/GED/College Degree/Transcripts
Neg TB Test

For Each Biological or Adopted Child (Under 17):
Birth Cert
SS Card
Up-to-date Vaccination
Negative TB test

For Every Resident 18+:
Birth Cert
SS Card
Vacc Records
Criminal Background
HS diploma/GED/College transcripts
Neg TB test


See what I mean? Not that hard, just some things took a little longer to get than we wanted. Like some of the backgrounds of caregivers (ahem). Still waiting on some of those....one I forgot to give out! Eddie (the hubby....yes, I know, a name :)) had to run around to two different counties to get certified copies of Campbell's (our youngest) and my birth certificates. Then we had to wait for Christmas to pass to purchase the things we needed for our fire inspection to make sure we didn't go too over budget or miss any gifts (we both have VERY large families!) I had to wait on the hospital I work for to fax over my recent TB test, and Eddie had to get his from the department he works for. Nothing to big, just too many counties and too much gas to do it all in one day. :) But oh so worth it in the end! Anyway, God willing, our fire inspection will be tomorrow, and we can get a letter from the city stating that they do not currently do environmental inspections. After that we have a home study, FBI fingerprints, and training at the end of the month! I am SURE that there is more paperwork OR something that I don't know about that needs to be completed, but THIS is a list I can work with! :)



James 4:15 NIV

Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

No comments:

Post a Comment