Friday, August 5, 2011

Still Waiting!

Oh isn't it funny how we always think we know best? We thought the placement would have happened by now, and even talked about how it would be better for everyone involved if he were home before Trey and Alyssa came home. God's timing really is....right on time! Now, we do not have "Tucker" (since this is not his legal name, I think it's safe to call him that on here!) in our home yet, but the "perfect placement day" in our mind up until last weekend was last Friday, the 29th. The kids came home and everyone was so excited to see them! So much so that something went unnoticed (we'll just leave it at that), and late Sunday evening I found something that would keep me occupied for DAYS! So glad he wasn't home while I was dealing with "the issue!" Then we were hoping by today at the latest. :) We aren't all that smart people. My best friend in the WHOLE world is coming this weekend with her beautiful family to visit for a few days before she and her husband are stationed in Japan for 3 years. I feel like I need some bonding time with my friend-fam, and didn't want Tucker to feel left out in any way. At the same time, I didn't want to neglect these people who have been such good friends to us for so many years and make them feel like we were too busy with life to take the time to enjoy these last few days together. As much as it saddened me to hear, we won't hear anything about the actual placement until Monday. By the time they get a date/time for drop off, my friends will have come and gone. So He proved me wrong, yet again, that He knows best and I'm just along for the ride!

I almost forgot to mention that we got to see Tucker from a distance last weekend. (That didn't sound stalker-ish AT ALL!) We had training last weekend, and Tucker's current foster parents just so happened to pick the same time as we did, so we caught a few glimpses of him coming and going from the room. He looks to be pretty happy. Our home developer (why not call her friend?!? I've known her almost 8 months now!) was in the room with all the kids and kept an eye out for me. We shared details of our "Tucker sightings" via email the next day. :) All my fears of fostering an older child.....gone. Oh, don't get me wrong, I know there are days that are going to be ROUGH, but we're in this. If he is who God wants in our home, then we'll do everything to get him there....and keep him there.

Prayers welcomed! We're going a little stir crazy waiting to see WHEN he can come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment