Sunday, August 7, 2011

News and Struggles

Struggling with the fact that so many people seem to be against us in this journey. I never in a million years thought that that some of the people we love the most would be so against us loving on another child. A child without a family. Really? Where is Christ's love in that? Where do they get off thinking that this life is supposed to be about US or supposed to be easy?? Maybe my attitude is wrong, maybe I shouldn't feel this way, but if I don't stand up for what we're doing, for him, who else will? I think that the judgement that we're feeling right now is the very thing that keeps so many people from joining a church or coming to Christ. If this journey only changes my heart, and helps me to stop judging from a distance, then it was all worth it....if that's the ONLY lesson I learn. Well, we all know I'm learning some serious lessons in patience! This wait....the wait for Tucker since we've seen his picture, seen him in person, makes me respect mommies and daddies adopting internationally THAT much more. I just can't even fathom getting a referral picture and waiting months to meet your child, and then even longer before you can take him/her home!!

As for the news (I had to find a way to get you to skim read my rant first!), we got approval from CPU (the Child Placement Unit) for Tucker to move from the group home he's in now to our home! We should have a date/time tomorrow after our agency has had a chance to staff this with his CPS worker. Sooo excited! I'm on vacation all this week, so we'll have some family bonding time, then we'll have just over a week before school starts! Speaking of school, I will have THREE sixth graders!! Lord HELP me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment