Tuesday, February 8, 2011

home study: take 1

Just now getting around to posting about how our home study went last night! Can I just say that my house hasn't  been this clean in a long, long time?!? Clean, yes. THIS clean? No. :) Thank you to my wonderful hubby and Alyssa for helping me....otherwise, I would not have gotten as much done as I wanted. At one point I looked at Eddie and asked how he felt about spot painting. (A little overboard, I know.) His response? "We're cleaning, not remodeling. NO." Poor guy. He really did a lot more cleaning than I typically ask of him. I'm a little old school about house roles, and he likes it that way. :)

Anyway, our "home developer" was right on time.....5:30 on the dot. I brought her to the kitchen table because I was finishing up making dinner for the kids and she kind of stood there for a few minutes, so I said, "You can sit down!" She looked at me and said, "Can you show me around?" DUH. It's a home study. :) Give me that I was multi-tasking, okay?? So I show her around, and she's finding ways to make room for MORE kids. LOL. We can only take on one right now. I am NOT driving a mini van (do you hear me, Lord?). Sigh of relief from the hubby!

After she checked out the house and made note of some things we still need to get (lock box for ammunition and something to store meds), we sat down and went over paperwork....for two hours. It actually went pretty fast, and I was almost glad it was over (five am comes awfully early people), but we didn't even get to the fun stuff! Can you believe I WANT to answer all the in-your-business questions? Okay, don't answer that. If you know me, of course you know I want to answer them lol. :) She gave me some more paperwork to work on (easy stuff: find dr/dentist that accepts Medicaid; gather info on daycares/schools child will attend), and left with two more dates scheduled for part 2 and 3 of our home study.

Now, to get working on our 40 hours of shadowing another foster family (this is a requirement of OUR agency, not all agencies).......

No comments:

Post a Comment