Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd (quickly!) share the story of how Eddie and I met. For some of you, this may be a COMPLETELY different story than you originally heard! Yes, we originally fibbed about how we met. Neither of us wanted to admit that we "met" online to our families, and we both came up with different versions of how it happened. I think he told his family that he met me in a convenience store while on duty, and I told my family that he pulled me over. :) My story was definitely more believable!

I think it was a Friday night and I had just worked the LONGEST shift ever waiting tables at Chili's. I got online to check my email and get to bed, when an IM popped up on my screen (anybody actually talk on there anymore??). I read the screen name and immediately hit reject. I won't tell you what it was, but it was pretty lame. :) For some reason or another, the IM opened anyway, and I decided to check out his profile. I have a thing for uniforms, so when I saw it was a cop instant messaging me, I had to at least say hi back! We talked alllllllll night (surprised?), and quite a bit the next night. We met on Sunday night/Monday morning (midnight-ish) on December 19, 2004. Went on our first date the following Tuesday, and have been together every day since! Okay, we had  a couple training days when he went to K-9 training, and a day or so when he helped out during one flood or another. Other than that, we have never been apart. We work opposite shifts, so there are many days when we should go without seeing one another at all, but he always makes it happen for me. Even if it's just a hi and a bye with a kiss in between. He always takes the time to see me. Makes me feel special. :) He truly is a gift from God, and every song played in our wedding completely fits us: When God Made You, Bless the Broken Road, When You Say Nothing at All, and Draw Me Close to You (yes, the praise and worship song, with a twist, thank you Brittni!). God knew what he was doing when He had our worlds meet, and I couldn't be happier. We will celebrate 6 years of marriage this July. Love you babe!

And a random, two of my closest friends celebrate their 6 year anniversaries this year, as well! So Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Anniversary to Adrienne and Rob and Sunny and Adam! Love and miss you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment