Saturday, February 12, 2011

10 Down, 30 to Go!

Hours of shadowing, that is! Today our family had the opportunity to hang out with 5 foster kids while their foster/adoptive parents all took some refresher courses. When we were asked if we could do this today,  we were told it could be anywhere from five to FIFTEEN kids. Add our three to that and just call us crazy! I have to say I was SO happy to see that it was only five kids!!! Did I mention how GREAT they all were?!?! Our kids included, all of them were really amazing. Four of the kiddos are part of a sibling group of FIVE. The baby stayed at home today, not sure if she was sick, or just too little to hang w/the rest of us. They were all very sweet and obedient (LOVE that word!). The other little girl we watched today was a little younger than Campbell and was non-verbal. Her adoptive parents have taught her sign language (all of which I knew, phew!), so that was pretty cool being able to communicate with her. She napped a good portion of the second half of the day, and she was really good. Her parents were a little apprehensive, but she did amazing and they were the sweetest people I think I have ever met. I wish I had gotten their info....

Do me a favor? I can't really say a whole lot about the kids we get to meet and hang out with during our training, but the sibling group we met today NEEDS your prayers. It looks like they may all be eligible for adoption soon, and there are FIVE of them. I know there are some people out there on a WHOLE other level of crazy as we are that would be willing to adopt this many kids together, but regardless, I'd say that these kids need a lot of prayers. They also have other siblings that aren't in foster care with them and are living with their other parents. I think it would be amazing if the family that adopts these kids would be willing to let them have an opportunity to keep in touch with their brothers if it's possible. I know that's a lot to pray for, but just imagine if you were in their shoes.....

Keep us in your prayers, as well! Eddie and I are busier than ever with work, and sports should be starting up this spring for the big kids. We still have 30 hours of training to get in and other paperwork/home studies/etc that we have to get busy with before we can have a child placed with us. I know it's all in God's timing, but you know how the devil likes obstacles!!! Prayers are MUCH appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment