Thursday, June 30, 2011

so close! but not quite....

Sooooo.....I got an email and a phone call from our agency today. I finally have some answers as to why it is taking so long to get licensed. Yay!! According to our home developer it is in the final process and should we should be licensed tomorrow. She said they had to take it to the state level to get some answers about my husband transporting our child and having his duty weapon on him. Initially they thought that there was an exception to the rule for police officers, but with all the digging/investigating they now know that there isn't. That obviously would be an issue for us since he is a police officer and is sometimes in uniform when he meets me with the kids, or has to drop them off at grandma's when I work late or get stuck in traffic. They will be getting special permission so that we will be able to have our special circumstances covered in instances like these. She told me that the lady who submits everything had left early, but sometimes works from home, SO, if we weren't officially in the system by end of day today, we will be tomorrow! Yay! Better late than never, huh???

No comments:

Post a Comment