Saturday, April 2, 2011

home study: it's a wrap!

Yes, our fourth and FINAL home study is complete! I wasn't home for a good portion of it (purposely!), so I don't have much to post. I can imagine it was very similar to mine. What was your child hood like? Do you have a good relationship with your parents? How were you disciplined? How do you discipline your children? And then, of course, all the questions about his first marriage. Most of which, I know the answers to, just didn't want to be around to hear a second time!

Our home developer talked to Trey and Alyssa separately for about fifteen minutes each. Not sure what exactly they talked about since I gave them space to answer honestly, and then I was off to pick up Alyssa's friends for her sleep-over. Trey left not long after I got back to visit with his mom for the weekend, so I haven't gotten a chance to ask them what their interview was about. Campbell flat out refused to talk, so I have nothing! :)

What I do know is this: *We had to take our trampoline down. Eddie is the only one happy about this. The kids and I are still pouting a little, so I hope there is no resentment when we finally have a placement. *The kids all have to have TB shots. Bummer. I just told them this week they aren't due for any vax when they go to the doctor in two weeks for their well visits. *We have to get another bed. We are now being licensed for two kids, not three like we originally were told. They are going to make an exception because of our vehicle situation. Even though we only have plans to accept one child, we have to have beds available for the amount of children we are licensed to keep. UGH. I wish she had gotten her stuff together and told us all this SOONER so that we could have made a little more room in the budget. I think it's ridiculous if you want to know the truth. We have a credit card and a Walmart RIGHT down the road, so if we're ever put in a situation that we feel God is asking us to accept two kids, then we can go from there. Why do we have to have it in the house? So many rules, so many kids, so few foster families. No wonder the statistics for the kids aren't good. Sometimes I just sit here and shake my head thinking about the ridiculous things they focus on.

So now my list looks like this:

Finger prints x2
TB shots x3 (Eddie and I get ours annually at work)
Purchase ANOTHER twin bed/mattress/bedding?
Send home developer family pic

***Pray for us!! :) Not a lot left to do, but running out of patience, and maybe funds LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment