Wednesday, April 27, 2011

@#$%&*@

No, that doesn't represent a bad word or thought.....just my frustration for which there is no word. Seriously, we are still waiting on answers. We had our last home study about three weeks ago (or more!), and we are still waiting on some answers that came up in our last meeting with the home developer. I tried not to harass her about it, but maybe I should have bugged her a little sooner than I did. I waited so long to ask the status of our "situation" that the director was already headed to the coast for a week long cruise. We had to set up a meeting for today at our agency to discuss some hot topics that came up last visit, and that meeting was cancelled almost last minute. I know the director can't help that she is sick and I am so thankful she kept her germs at home so Eddie and I didn't have to share them with her :), HOWEVER, we are very anxious to get the ball rolling again, and a month of waiting just seems a bit unnecessary if you ask me. We should have been licensed by now. I am not the most patient person, so I know this has to be God. For me to be as calm as I am (oh this is definitely calm for me!), I can't imagine that it's anything but His perfect timing. Every time I start to get anxious about the fact that we still aren't licensed (and still no finger prints OR bed!!), I have to remind myself that in His perfect timing we will meet our foster son. Maybe he'll be the first and only, or maybe he'll be the first of many. Either way, we didn't go down this path thinking it was an easy one. I did a lot of research and praying before "jumping" into this.

I hear a lot of commercials lately bringing a little spot light to foster care and adoption. Even got to catch the tail end of a talk show that's guest host was an adoptive dad on my way to the kids' dentist/doctor's appointment earlier this week. Makes me smile inside hearing other people talk about their adoption experience. Speaking of which, have you checked out Tara and Brad's page lately?? They have some super cute pics of Jacob posted. :)

Please keep us in your prayers if you're still reading this (you know, since I practically abandoned the blog while waiting (not) SO patiently!). We have a lot of things coming up (training, events, trip to visit friends out of town, mother's day) that should keep us occupied, but also cost $$$ and we still have a couple expensive things on our list! (I am seriously having issues w/buying another bed we won't be using. I am cheap, people!) Any and all prayers are appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment