Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chalkboard Table

Yep, two posts in one day! I meant to post these pics this past weekend, but my camera died and Campbell was wanting some mommy-time. Anyway, a couple years ago (ahem!), I left a scented oil plug-in on my dining room table over night. I guess it fell over when I set it down, and the oil leaked out, eating away at the varnish and the stain. Awesome. We almost never use the dining room table, and that end of the table seemed to be a "catch all" anyway, so we took our sweet (lazy) time getting around to doing something about it! I found a pic online of a table top that had been converted into a chalkboard table. Looked pretty simple (hubby project!), so we (I mean, he) gave it a try.......Wish I had taken pics of it step-by-step, but I didn't, so here's the short version: http://paisleypassions.blogspot.com/2010/08/chalkboard-paint-dining-table.html   :)

And here's our (Eddie's) creation!




No comments:

Post a Comment